Buy It Now. Add to cart. Be the first to write a review About this product. About this product Description Description. Today, police forces all over the world use archaeological techniques to help them solve crimes - and archaeologists are using the same methods to identify and investigate crimes in the past.
- Past crimes archaeological and historical evidence for ancient misdeeds.
- Jump Start CoffeeScript!
- The Archaeology Channel!
- Anaesthesia, Pain, Intensive Care and Emergency A.P.I.C.E.: Proceedings of the 20th Postgraduate Course in Critical Care Medicine Trieste, Italy — November 18–21, 2005.
- Keeping Faith with the Constitution?
- The Church Confronts Modernity: Catholic Intellectuals and the Progressive Era (Religion and American Culture).
- Supplementary Information;
This book introduces some of those techniques, and explains how they have been used t only to solve modern crimes, but also to investigate past wrong-doing. Archaeological and historical evidence of crimes from mankind's earliest days is presented, as well as evidence of how criminals were judged and punished.
Each society has had a different approach to law and order, and these approaches are discussed here with examples ranging from Ancient Egypt to Victorian England - police forces, courts, prisons and executions have all left their traces in the physical and written records.
Grant R. Jeffrey Ministries
The development of forensic approaches to crime is also discussed as ways to collect and analyse evidence were invented by pioneer crimilogists. From the murder of a Neanderthal man to bank fraud in the 19th century, via ancient laws about religion and morality and the changes in social conditions and attitudes, a wide range of cases are included - some terrible crimes, some amusing anecdotes and some forms of ancient law-breaking that remain very familiar. After originally training as a teacher, Julie studied archaeology at UCL and the University of Winchester before teaching archaeology at the University of Winchester, the University of Surrey, WEA and local groups through talks and lectures.
Julie has worked on numerous sites and projects and was previously Finds Officer at a medieval leper hospital.
Past Crimes: Archaeological & Historical Evidence for Ancient Misdeeds (PDF Download)
Her archaeological experience is varied and she has previously published books on warfare and the archaeology of childhood. Publication Data Place of Publication. Show More Show Less. New New. No ratings or reviews yet.
Be the first to write a review. Best Selling in Nonfiction. Open Borders Inc. Burn after Writing by Sharon Jones , Paperback 2. Save on Nonfiction Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. You may also like. Products of this store will be shipped directly from Japan to your country. Products of this store will be shipped directly from Hong Kong to your country. Products of this store will be shipped directly from Kuwait to your country.
Qatar Change Country. Shop By Category.
- You're here?
- Artificial Immune Systems: 4th International Conference, ICARIS 2005, Banff, Alberta, Canada, August 14-17, 2005. Proceedings.
- Surge: My Journey with General David Petraeus and the Remaking of the Iraq War?
- Embodied Food Politics?
- Mechanisms of Lymphocyte Activation and Immune Regulation XI: B Cell Biology.
My Orders. Track Orders.
- Ubuy Qatar Online Shopping For attitude in Affordable Prices.;
- Transgender history.
- Generalized Musical Intervals and Transformations.
Change Language. English Arabic.
Important Links. Follow Us.
App Download. US UK.
Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email to confirm your subscription.
Our Stores. Apply Filter Remove Filter Categories. QAR All the latest offers delivered right to your inbox! We Accept.